Generous and faithful stewardship of time, talent, and treasure is at the heart of the mission and ministry of St. Mark’s. If there is one word that best captures who we are, it is “generous.” Parishioners give generously to those in need in the larger community throughout the course of the year and also give generously to St. Mark’s. Pledged income accounts for nearly 80% of our annual income. The biblical, and national Episcopal Church standard for giving is the tithe (10% of income). Our annual ingathering of pledge commitments is on All Saints’ Sunday each November, but pledges may be made at any time of the year. Here are some ways that you can give:
- ONLINE Giving: Payments can be made via the Donate button below! Examples of things that can be paid online include: pledge payments, altar flowers, annual golf tournament, and the annual men’s fishing trip.
- Download/print a copy of our pledge card and drop it by the church office or place in the Sunday offering plate: Pledge Card (pdf).
- Planned Giving: Consider including St. Mark’s as a beneficiary in your will. Such bequests may either be designated (Endowment Fund, building, etc.) for a specific purpose or undesignated.
- The Endowment Fund: The St. Mark’s Endowment Fund was established in 1983 by donations given specifically to provide sustaining benefits to St. Mark’s ministry. Contributions may be given to the Endowment Fund at any time. Our Endowment Committee carefully manages our endowment funds. The fund contributes 90% of its income from interest and dividends to the annual operating budget of the church. As of Dec. 31, 2011, its market value was $90,000.
- Clergy Discretionary Funds: St. Mark’s clergy have Discretionary Fund accounts that enable them to respond to immediate and unusual needs. They also contribute to outreach to the wider community.